Serious athletes have long used personal trainers to increase their performance in competition. Movie stars are known to hire personal trainers to keep them fitting into their Oscar gowns. But the people who benefit most from personal training are ordinary men and women seeking to function better in their everyday lives.
Working with a trainer, anyone can achieve their fitness goals-goals as modest as touching your toes again or as ambitious as preparing for an event in the Olympics. Whether you want to lose weight, regain flexibility, develop speed or simply feel good again, personal training is an activity that will continue to offer benefits in the years to come.
Our personal trainers are nationally certified, and degreed professionals whose main interest is to assist, guide and educate others who wish to experience a greater physical functionality in their lives.
Reasons for Hiring a Personal Trainer
- Improve Your Overall Fitness - Improve strength, flexibility, endurance, posture, balance, coordination, and cardiovascular health while monitoring your progress and fine-tuning your program as you continue.
- Reach Or Maintain A Healthy Weight - Body fat reduction, weight management, body shaping, and toning can all be achieved with the aid of a qualified trainer, who can help you set realistic goals and determine safe strategies, all while providing the encouragement you need.
- Stick To It - Qualified personal trainers will help you stay motivated and enthused about working out. Your program will include activities that you enjoy, whether in the water, out for a run, or in the weight room.
- Focus On Your Unique Health Concerns - Many of us will face physical changes as we age, such as arthritis, diabetes, or obesity. Exercise can help manage these and other issues, including low-back pain, injury rehabilitation, and pre/post-natal training. Together with your physician, physical therapist, or other health care provider, a personal trainer can ensure a safe, efficient program.
- Find The Right Way To Work Out - Learn the correct way to use equipment and appropriate form and technique for cardiovascular work, free weight work, strength training, and flexibility.
- Stop Wasting Time - Get maximum results in minimum time with a program designed specifically for you. Workouts that use your strengths and improve your weaknesses are efficient and effective.
- Enhance Your Skills - Improve your strength and flexibility for the activities you enjoy; like tennis, skiing, and golf.
- Enhance Your Mind, Body Connection - Many trainers provide mind-body activities, such as stretching, yoga, or mental imagery that may help you uncover new insights about yourself or find potential you didn't realize you had.
- Benefit From The Buddy System - By making a commitment to meet regularly with a trainer, you'll benefit from individual attention and support.
How Do You Select The Right Trainer?
The Longmont Athletic Club has assembled a team of personal trainers with varied backgrounds and experience. Depending on your specific needs and goals, you can select a personal trainer who possess the skills needed to assist you in being successful.
Biographies on all of our personal training staff are posted to help you select the trainer who's right for you. If you would like assistance in finding the right trainer to assist you in reaching your specific goals, our Fitness Director will be happy to help you. We can get you started today on reaching your fitness goals!
LAC's Certified Personal Trainers
To schedule a training appointment please call Laura at 303-772-4700.